Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Pictures of Simple Perfection



Knitting for newborns is such fun!


I haven't tried booties yet, but I think they must be next.


Have you seen this book: Simple Knits for Cherished Babies ? Two bootees' patterns for me to try are inside (among many other delightful offerings), but the best part of this book, for me, is the absolutely amazing photography. The pictures capture the element of exquisite perfection, perfectly paired with our feelings about the newborns we contemplate. Erika Knight has created a volume for knitters that is truly a work of art.


Angora Baby Booties are photographed in breathtaking simplicity in a favorite book of mine, Joelle Hoverson's Last-Minute Knitted Gifts. I recall my amazed delight when I first saw the light shining on, around and through these delicious little confections.


Debbie Bliss has given new knitters a beautiful little book, Baby Knits for Beginners. Once again, thanks to photographer Sandra Lousada, the marvelous pictures in this good little book impart the notions of simplicity and perfection we see in the newborn. Yes, there are booties in here, as well.


I see opportunities in new beginnings, and the tiny projects in these books are good examples of opportunities for beginning knitters. I hope you will open one or more of these and find something that delights you.


Beth
P.S. The pictures on this page are mine and nothing like the fabulous ones in the books mentioned above. They will take your breath away!

No comments: