Saturday, March 31, 2007

Photo Shoot

From itty-bitty hats by Susan B Anderson, I enjoyed the wide variety in this little spring concoction using Tahki mercerized Cotton Classic colors.






This little blue pouch was easy and lots of fun. I used the pattern from the cover of Last-Minute Knitted Gifts by Joelle Hoverson. I learned how to make an I-cord and how to do the 3-needle bind off. The fabulous yarn was Plymouth's Baby Alpaca Brush. I gave it to a friend.







The Lenten Rose is quietly lovely in our yard.























This scarf is a simple K2,P2 ribbing I made for a friend last fall. I used the lusciously soft Malabrigo worsted for this. (Don't make a man's scarf from this - his whiskers will ruin it in no time!)


















I put white pearl buttons on the Heartbreakingly Cute Kimono.


I like spring for small projects I can drop easily into my tote, and knit anywhere. This is also a nice time for planning larger projects for the fall and winter. Planning, for me, begins with weeks of mulling something over in my mind. Eventually, when I have the idea fairly firmly implanted in my brain, I begin to look at yarns. Mostly, these are from my stash, because I have way too much! Then, I draw and count rows, and pull yarn. I place everything including needles into a plastic zipper bag. This project then, is ready for me to get ready for it!

First to the laundry, then a walkabout in the yard, then maybe a little knitting! I hope spring is bringing you as much joy as it is me!

Beth

No comments: